Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
COrrect me if i'm wrong but u can run 30 x 9.5's on a stock wrangler with stock rims right?
thanks

(\/)ikey 1988 Wrangler Laredo 4.2L w/5spd Manual
1995 Wrangler 2.5L w/ 5spd Manual

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, no problem. I'm running 30x9.5 ATs on the stock 7x15 rims. I had to space out the steering stops with a washer to stop rubbing at the springs, never had rubbing on the fenders.

Non compis mentis./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With major suspension sag from jumping/womping for 5 years, I ran 31's. They only caused 2 problems, decreased turning radius and a slight amount of my rear plastic wheel well covers were eaten away. Why don't you put on a 1" body lift until you get the suspension?

Jon-YJ94
a work in progress
[email protected]

·
Registered
166 Posts
I put 30X9.5 Mud T/As on my 91 YJ with stock wheels. Full Lock Turns sometimes cause contact with the front leaf springs. If the shocks are worn, there is a little rubbing on the rear fender flares. I find it hard to believe that 31X10.5 Mud Tires will fit without rubbing. I would suspect that using 31s would require a little rear fender trimming and some off-set wheels to increase the track width. As you know, those YJ Dana 30s don't have the beefiest wheel bearings, so they don't like off-set wheels too much. If you don't want a lift and you don't want excessive rubbing, I think that 30s are the way to go.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All these comments are relative to how you use your vehicle and to what other modifications you have done. If you don't go offroad, 31's on negative offset rims may not rub. If you go offroad and/or if you've installed sway bar disconnects and/or you put 31's on stock offset rims, etc. you will most likely get some rubbing to some degree and in some location. At one time I had 31x10.50 tires on negative offset rims and a 2.5" lift. this worked fine until I added sway bar disconnects. I then stuffed the tires up into the fenders almost every time I went off road. So, the correct answer is "it depends".

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm about 2 months from buying new rims. I think I am going with Centerline HT-II's, 15x8.5. There is no indication what the offset is. My springs are stiff enough, even with Sway-bar disconnects, that I rarely compress that far... what offset should I be looking for?

Any one have any experience with this rims? and WHY are beadlocks illegal in CA???????

Jon-YJ94
a work in progress
[email protected]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.