Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '91 YJ 4 cylinder and it did not come with power steering from the factory. I looked at my friends '95 YJ with a 4 cylinder and I have all of the brackets necessary under the hood to support power steering. I did not know what kind of steering box I could use that would be the most cost efective way. I am in the Southern California area and I did not know if used parts would be an option, and if so any leads on a place to get them in the area would be appreciated. If anyone has done a similar type of setup any information would help.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Stock pump and steering box would be the easiest way to do it. I've got a pump laying around from an engine swap that you're welcome to if you wanted to come get it. I'm in the Long Beach area

·
Registered
965 Posts
i'm doing a PS conversion on my YJ next week ( I hope). all the junk yards wanted $400 bucks for the stuff, but I found the parts on ebay for $130 ( including shipping, watch out for the shipping charges, I bid $30 dollars on a pump that came to $55 with shipping and handeling)

one of the extra parts you need is the steering shaft. the spline count is diferent from the manual to the PS box.

also the pitman arm is different.

I think that the frame bracket is also different. I got a new one, but have not compared them yet.

I'll post when I intsall.

I also plan to install EFI ( howell kit ) and install my currie 9 rear, next week. we will see how much I get done between all the turkey comas.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.