Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I am thinking about biting the bullet and putting a Wrongler tub on my CJ because of cost/rust/quality. I can pick up a (it pains me to think it) YJ tub cheaper than a CJ and it will last longer. What should I look for in picking up a tub, and I know there has been stuff published (on Jeepskates page especially) on mounting, but is there more out there? I have a 77 CJ-7 with no floor boards and no panels without rust through except the cowl in front.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Oh, quit your "Wrongler" whining /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif
You can't even tell the difference once you get everything installed. I'd say the galvanizing is something they got "right" /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif
Seriously, though, what other info are you after? I've got some minor details that probably aren't on the page and I stumbled across another page a month or two ago where the guy went so far as to remove the defroster vent section of his CJ cowl and graft it to the YJ tub and there were some other little tidbits of info that I don't have since I went with a YJ dash (gonna be interesting fitting this stuff into the Scrambler now). I'll see if I saved the URL or can find it again.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I sent an email to you from your webpage, JeepSkate with some questions.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I love you CJ guys who whine and cry over YJ stuff, but then want all the cool parts that were introduced with the YJ. The nice tubs, the cool rollbars, the nice 4.0 injected motor, the cool metal half doors, the nice flexy springs for your spring-overs....

Anyway, I put a CJ dash in my YJ (yup, that's a part they got wrong) here is a link. It may help you a bit in mounting the CJ dash in the YJ tub.

http://www.off-road.com/4x4web/jeep/swb/articles/dash.htm

Good luck
Pete

88YJ,4"susp,33"BFGMTs,9000#winch, hm swing out TC/HL mount ,258,999,4.10,weber32/36,GMHEI.

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif I know it's tough to not do it sometimes, but TRY not to call the YJs anything that would make the owners feel insulted. There are some awesome YJs out there...I see'em all the time. They need different lights, but they are worthy Jeeps nonetheless/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif YJ owners probably think the CJ people are nuts to try making a Jeep out of a pile of rust, so who is craziest?/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.