Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering which jeep models had the front axle with the housing on the driver's side? Wagoneer? Cherokee? J-10? I'm looking to find a dana44 to replace what I have. Is one model's axle the best over the others?

87 wrangler

G

·
I know the 80 and up grand wagoneers have the hog on the drivers side because thats what I have in my 87, but 5" shorter. Steve

Mopar360yj
87yj+20,74CHR.030360,SOA,35BFGATs,46RH,241DHD,
D60-44-4.10

G

·
Some of the j-10's have them pass, some have them driver. Its weird because I looked at two same year j-10's for my front axle for a Cj, and one had driver, the other had pass. I believe the difference is quadratrac, I don't think they ever made a driver drop quadratrac, so they just reversed everything on those trucks... I was dissapointed when I looked at the first j10 and saw a driver side drop, and then I stumbled onto this one... <shrug> I dunno

Florida Mud CJ-5
'77 RB304, t-150 D20 4" 35" swampers

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Is the Wrangler or the Wagoneer axle 5 inches shorter? I am interested on doing this swap as well. Also- what would the gearing be in a GWagon with a 360 and a LS in the rear?

G

·
Toms Bronco Parts dana 44 front end set up for jeep YJ SOA. Toms Bronco 30 spline harden axle shafts, 3/4 ton (297) u-joints,456 gears, powerlock, with heavy duty tie-rod and drag link, and Rubicon Express anti-wrap spring perches, minus the rotors and calipers (using on new project). $900.00 [email protected] or call (541)832-2723 All this has 9 days of use on it . BRAND NEW"""""" MINT

G

·
I am in the middle of swapping the axles from an 87 Grand Wagoneer into my YJ. Dana 44 front and rear, 6 bolt wheels, internal hubs, bigger tie rod on the top of the knuckles, 1/2 ton outers. The axles are about 1-2 inches wider than YJ axles. Have to cut off the spring perches and move them in, and fab new shock mounts. The driver's side front perch will require welding the spring bolt hold up and redrilling it after cutting another .5 - 1 inch of material out of the housing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.