Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was given a tilt steering column for my '87 YJ.The problem is it dosen't have the column shift for my auto trans.B/M makes a cable shift which looks like it would work,it's called a B/M Z-Gate.Costs $120.Anyone have a better or more importantly cheaper idea?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have the B&M Megashifter in my Wrangler, and Im pretty happy with it. PAW sells the Z-gate for about $100. Thats about the cheapest you'll find. Im dont like gate shifters because I always "jump" gears - you know L2 instead of Drive, Neutral instead of Reverse....ect. The Megashifter is a "ratchet" shifter. This means that you can only select drive or overdrive initially. After that you have to ratchet through the gears one at a time. Just my opinion, but I'd go with the ratchet setup. PAW has them at about $150. By the way, that tilt steering sounds cool. Its not out of a YJ is it?

Holy sh*t thats a long way down!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
blakers, by your last question (and by looking at your profile) I'm guessing that your YJ does not
have tilt steering and that you're asking if tilt steering came on YJ's. If that's the question,
then YES! My 90 YJ came with tilt steering, but you can't have it. /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif
Happy hunting!
-Gus-

90YJ 4.2L NV4500 456:1 33's Twin ARB's XD9000i - San Diego, Cal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts