Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put yj(style)fender flairs on a cj?
I will be changing my front axle to a wagoneer's in the near future and would like to use the Xenon brand for the added width ,I like the extention of the yj flair that extends rearward.they will be installed with a one piece tilt front end
Any Comments??

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
The rear extension is kinda pointless with a 1-piece tilt-nose. It's designed to tie into the front flares for some rigidity and to maintain the lines. Keep in mind that you'll also have to do a good bit of trimming on the back edge of the front wheel openings which may interfere with the 1-piece nose if it has integral inner walls...this could also lead to problems with the location of the rear extensions if you're talking about the full-length ones with the step. Better do some measuring before you buy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do not want the full step ,I want the short extention so that i might be able to use the stainless body strips off a cj7 on my 8 (still have to confirm measurenents)I can rework inter wells as needed and will mount extention independently of the flairs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.