Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow! can,t believe I traded the whole thing in on an XJ! Actually, I have been given a golden opportunity by my former employer and now have the chance to get the hell out of California. I'm selling my house, most of its contents, and moving to where ever the wind takes me.

I just bought a 31-foot Fleetwood motorhome, and traded my 2000 TJ and trailer in on a '92 XJ. I figure it will tow nicely, and I now have another project Jeep to build up, this time as my long-desired desert assault vehicle (DAV?). For all the off-roading I've done in my TJ, most of it was spent on desert roads, and little I've done to it warranted running through sand and over washouts. I >did< perform superbly in this environment, but it was overkill.

So far, I've exchanged the 215-70R15s on 15x7 stock wheels in for 235-75R15 Big-O A/Ps. Once I lift it 2-3", I'll probably go with 30-9.50s or maybe 31-10.50s. I've not needed anyting more for where I like to go. An item I've found most useful in the desert is posi-traction. I had a D44 with a trac-lock in back and D30 with a TrueTrac in front, and they performed flawlessly. I'm leaning toward TrueTracs all around, and exchanging my 3.07 gears in on 4.11s or 3.73s, which worked well on my TJ.

Well, I just thought I'd step in and introduce myself, as I won't be frequenting the Short Wheelbase side any more. Hope you guys are up to some XJ-newbie questions in the future.

Hewgag

The wise eagle keeps his talons hidden!

Visit my 2000TJ "Hewgag" in BackCountry Trailers' Back Country Rigs section at http://www.backcountrytrailers.com/

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
You will without a doubt fall in love with the XJ!Very capable machines.Welcome aboard!

1 cross plus
3 nails
----------------
4 given /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif
If only I wheeled as much as Im on this board/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mudslide. I suspect you're right. I've gone through a '95 YJ and my TJ. I loved them both. The XJ will be a new dimension for me. Oh, I forgot to mention that I have a Con-Ferr roof rack coming next week. The project has started all over again!/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

Hewgag

The wise eagle keeps his talons hidden!

Visit my 2000TJ "Hewgag" in BackCountry Trailers' Back Country Rigs section at http://www.backcountrytrailers.com/

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WELCOME and good luck! SCRAM

The moment you are born you start to die so buy A Jeep and play hard!!!!!

It's All Out or Nothing At All!!!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts