Off Roading Forums banner

Yellowstone snowmobile ban petition

766 views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
G
#1 ·
I don't know how many of you have noticed, but there is an online petition to stop the snowmobile ban in Yellowstone. PLEASE
take a minute to go there and sign it. Heres the URL, I've had it posted for several days on the Land Use Section, but I haven't
seen many familiar names on the signatures (you can view who signed).
I know this may seem off topic, but snowmobiles, Jeeps, ATVs, there is NO difference.
http://www.petitiononline.com/RSSBRC/petition.html

Brad
ORC Land Use Section Editor
Get involved or lose it all, the choice is yours!

G
#3 ·
I probably should have made it clear, this is different than PJC's link to an MSNBC poll. This is a petition, the link has been on the
Land Use section.

Brad

G
#5 ·
I agree with you to a point, but this is in my back yard and I'll forget any security fears that I have about the 'net and put my name on it so that they can keep this ban from happening. My kids are too young right now to enjoy a sled ride in Yellowstone, but I want them to be able to ride their own sleds through Yellowstone 4 or 5 years from now. If this ban gets approved, they will never have that chance and I will never have the chance to show them how beautiful Yellowstone is. I've seen it through a car window and from the "walkways" that are provided. It was nice, but it's a hell of a lot better on a sled!

'56 CJ-5, 283, t-90/d18, 27/44, 2.5"(soon), 33's(soon), cage.

#6 ·
I signed it... /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif That's right, if it's some form of ORV they're banning, it effects all of us (they're that much closer to banning the rest of us)... /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

Tim
/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif '79 Suburban 4x4 454, 35x12.5s
/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif '85 S15 4x4 2.8l, 235/75's

G
#7 ·
I agree with you guys & appreciate what you're doing. With me having my own race sanctioning body & it's own web site, it'd be too easy for someone with my name & home address to follow my schedule & easily determine when I'd be hundreds of miles from my empty house. Sure, someone could dig around & get that info. But, if they're smart enough to hack in & find that, then I doubt they'd be the type of folks who'd need to worry about home burglary/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif.

TEX

/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif Got Mud?
G.U.M.B.O. Mud Racing

G
#10 ·
I love to jeep, But I believe that they ought to close yellowstone to snowmobiles. Yes it a wild open area that cover with snow so the normal trails marking are hidden. a group of wild unresponsible kids tearing up the country side. The government is not trying to outlaw freedom but trying to protect this lands for year to come. With 4WD most activity is on a path, with snowmobile it everywhere snow is covered. They is no way you can say the whole public is responsible individals. I also think they ought to quit ramming these petition down my throat over every issue, it will never end, it is like brainwashing. I do believe that public land should have some limit controls on its use. But to be clear, I do not like Bill, or Al. I agree with the NRA and I do not hug trees, I eat the fish I catch and all jetski should be burned at the stake.

Flame me if you wish
George

georgebharris@hotmail.com

George B Harris

#11 ·
If the snow is even a few inches deep, how are the snowmobiles harming it? They don't dig down to the grass (generally), so they're not messing anything up.

By the way, if you don't like the petition, just ignore it. No one is forcing you to sign it. Not a flame.

In reply to:

You only have yourselves to blame. If you did not breed like rats, it would never have been a issue. So go and play with your toys in the part of the world you have already paved over.
How do we have ourselves to blame? And how much fun is it to play where the pavement is? Now if we abolish pavement, and make some obstacles where regular roads were, I'd be all for that 110% of the way!!! Make the commute less like work and more like fun...

Tim
/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif '79 Suburban 4x4 454, 35x12.5s
/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif '85 S15 4x4 2.8l, 235/75's

#13 ·
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif Actually, if the truth be known, we SHOULD be raping the wilderness and leaving irreplaceable farmland located on preciuos alluvial fan areas ALONE! The wilderness areas they are closing won't even raise ONE CARROT, yet everybody is worried! Here in CA, they put shopping Malls on farmland that has no equal anywhere in the world, and nobody is worried that we will either RUN OUT of food, or make it so expensive that everyone can't afford to eat. Better wake up people....especially the dummies like whats-her-name who have it all BACKWARDS! Yep....to the greenies, PAVEMENT on top of food-growing land is GREAT! But oh, we don't want to make a mark anywhere in the "wilderness". What a JOKE! Doesn't anyone see this except me? The enviro-bunch as so screwed up and dumb it amazes me. It's like they can't THINK....only scream and yell and buy politicians. SHEESH! /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless my moonguys /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif made 'em up themselves.

G
#14 ·
hitwoman, stop having unprotected sex so you stop having babies. What if we force all women to use the 5 year, in arm, under the skin, birth control?

Like you, we are generally a responsible group of individuals, but are judged on the actions of few. Before you point fingers, you should get the facts.

Not that she's reading this. Let's squash her freedom of speech, Off-road, please ban this "woman" from futher postings.

Jon - YJ94
http://www.obsessiveoffroad.com

G
#15 ·
Unfortunately there are people like hitwoman et al everywhere, but we are doing our best to combat lies and twisted propaganda
her type are feeding the public. Hence the banners you see pjc constantly posting, and the daily updating I do to the new Land Use
section. If you haven't checked it out, do so.

Brad

#16 ·
Like CJDAVE says: We have a problem here in mobile al where you live in the county. Wally World follows you out there. No city tax so you shop WW. City get mad for lose tax money and moves the city limits. Next thing you know your property tax goes up, you must pay for city trash pu and sewer and cannot fire your gun in the city limits so the dogs get into the trash. I do not want to live in the city and I do not want a paved drag strip for a road.

brownbagg

G
#17 ·
CJDave still has my vote for president...Who would you run with, Dave, The Moonguys?? Why dont you run? I think you should! Who could possibly say no to a MOONGUY?

-Mike

1998 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 Laramie SLT Sport Plus--5.9L 360, auto, 3.92s, antispin, BFG A/Ts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.