Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah I don\'t like it!

I have to log in and remember a computer generated password? there goes the days of quicly scanning thru to see if anything new is of interest.
if anyone has anything they want to ask me go to pirate4x4.com and enter their bulletin board, I'll be there a lot and its a better format, not to mention more tech and less crap.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: yeah I don\'t like it!

You don't have to log in just to ead everything, just to post or reply. Once I figured this out I was a little happier. Yeah, it is
cumbersome.

Brad (from the 4 Wheeling center of the universe, 4 corners USA)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I've been using the new system for almost a week and have found it has gotten easier to deal with. I like it better than I did and feel like I'm already forgetting about the old board.

I don't have to log in every time which I find a little strange (I got use to doing that on Jeepin' Online). I logged in when I first registered my user name and now I just click on the URL and I'm here (I don't even know what my pass word is /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif).

I guess I'm not surprised by the negative responses I've seen, but I think it's too bad that people feel that they don't want to come here anymore. After you get use to it, it's not so bad. I personally perfer it to the old board, but that's just me.

jo-jo aka Jonathan Poole
77 Jeep CJ5 Fozzy Locker
RTI Score 1250

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Re: yeah I don\'t like it! Slow down..relax..burn one and think about it

Somehow.....I don't know how.....I didn't have to log on to get here....maybe if you don't log out....If you need a better password...edit your profile...there you can change you password....it's painless...trust me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

If you will set up an web site icon with this address:

http://pacifico.off-road.com/wwwthreads//wwwthreads.pl?action=list&Cat=&Board=offroadjeepshort

That's all one address from http to short. Set that up, click on it, and it will go straight to the short wheelbase Jeep board. Will even start your browser if it isn't already going. Read the mail, log on to answer. It's real easy, and the rest of what this board will do is real neat. You can delete your own messages even after they are posted, include HTML code, include pictures as an attachment or in the e-mail itself, and lots of other stuff. I had some trouble with it to start with, but I like it better all the time.

Doug '97 TJ
http://http://www.hal-pc.org/~chartr

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

ok now, I'll be happy as long as I don't have to piss around everytime I log in. is there a way to get it to list multiple posts or do I have to flip thru the pages every damm time?
and I must admit (even though I despise progress) that splitting up the board may help some.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I prefer this board style to the old one, as some of the anonymity is lost. This cuts down greatly on the name calling, childishness, my (fill in the blank) is better than your (fitb).
whodat

93ZJ Ltd. 5.2l +3" 31x10.5 Pirelli Scorpion ATs

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

cut down the annonimiwhatever, whadda ya mean? I have no idea who you are no matter what you put in the bio, I could be lying my face off.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

cut down the annonimiwhatever, whadda ya mean? I have no idea who you are no matter what you put in the bio, I could be lying my face off.
oh by the way......my jeep is better than your jeep (just had to test my theory out you see, no offence intended)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

You don't know who I am and I could be lying in my bio, but there is the email address. Although this of course could be a one-time use hotmail account or something similar, every time you log on the sysadmin gets an ip address of your isp and more specifically, your computer. If the sysadmin believes that you are out of line you can be kicked off the board using that ip address. My jeep is much better than yours.
whodat

93ZJ Ltd. 5.2l +3" 31x10.5 Pirelli Scorpion ATs

·
Registered
1,025 Posts

Not only do I have to get used to the new board, which is really quite nice, but I have to start using Netscape again to get it to work! And by the way my Jeep is better than yours!

·
Registered
6,355 Posts

:: If we had all been using velcro to tie our shoes, and laces came along, there would be a lot of complaining. It's the same thing...most humans are real uncomfortable with change. In a few weeks, you will think "how strange" the old board was. CJDave (a computer neophyte and technophobe if ever there was one)

CJDave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Try hitting the expanded threads icon (+) in the upper right hand corner. This gives you a format much like the old board.
Rob

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

I don' know about that, I think mine is better than yours, I know its longer.

Mopar360yj

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.