Off Roading Forums banner

Xtreme 4X4 TV and 4X4REVIEW.COM do Tellico Trail..

1K views 19 replies 3 participants last post by  webby4x4 
G
#1 ·
This coming Saturday at 1 p.m. EST, Xtreme 4X4 TV will air their trip to Tellico Trail in Tennessee. 4X4REVIEW.COM and their sponsored competition rock buggy, along with 7 other well-built Jeeps, Buggies and Broncos went there to film the wrap-up of the Project AJ and Project Cheap Jeep rigs.

There are 90+ hi-res, dramatic photos of the trip, along with all of the "behind the scene" details, including the carnage we had!

Check it out at:
http://www.4x4review.com/events/Xtreme4X4-Tellico/

Rick

#2 ·
Re: Xtreme 4X4 TV and 4X4REVIEW.COM do Tellico Tra

Heard all about this joke of a trail ride. The Blue XJ is Ken Carter, current president of CNC4X4, and he guided them around and fixed half their breaks, but then only got his Jeep in one group photo and one on his own... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

#3 ·

can't find it right now, but on one of our local boards, NC4x4, there was a long thread with people that went on the ride. local vendors and such. pretty good thread, and links to pictures. Caver, Lomod, Aaron, any of you able to find that thread?

#7 ·

[ QUOTE ]
anyone else have problems veiwing the linked larger images on this write up:

http://www.4x4review.com/events/Xtreme4X4-Tellico/

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the trick to make it work is go to the picture properties and copy the link,

javascript:popImage('Day2/DSC02107.JPG','Doing Tellico')

The remove the ",Doing Tellico'" part of the link:
javascript:popImage('Day2/DSC02107.JPG')

Works fine without out that part...
Try copy and pasting the above into your address bar.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/40BEER.gif

http://www.4x4review.com/events/Xtreme4X4-Tellico/Day2/DSC02107.JPG

G
#8 ·
What is it doing?

These are pretty big images and they're hi-resolution, so it may take a several seconds for them to load. While they're loading, you may get a small popup window that "seems" to hang, it's just loading the image in the background, then it will open to full size.

If it doesn't do that, please let me know. You can email me at rick@4x4review.com

Rick

#9 ·
When I click on an image all I get is a big blank window with a header that says "about:blank"

I'm running broad band and I've had it open for a few minutes and nothing comes up except that.

G
#12 ·

I just tested with Firefox 1.0.4 and it works fine. I'm also on Windows XP, SP2. I'm going to download 1.0.6 and see if I can break it as well.

The code works with all other browsers, so I'm a little perplexed, but we'll get it fixed.

Can you let me know if you're on a windows platform, or if it's something else?

Thanks,
Rick

#14 ·

Agreed, something in the Java Script. When I copy the image locationa dn paste to a new window, I get a java script.

javascript:popImage('Day1/DSC02043.JPG','Doing%20Tellico')

But if I click and Open the small image to a new window and remove "-sm" from teh address I get the big image.

Maybe a browser compatibbility issue, I'm using Safari on OSX

#16 ·

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm using Safari on OSX

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this question is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/offtopic.gif, but how do you like OS X? It's the 64-bit ver right? I wonder if anyone has done a Winblows 64 vs. OS X 64 benchmark?

[/ QUOTE ]

most stable OS I've ever worked in. I have run several apps churning graphics at the same time and it hardly ever complains... But you do need the Ram and Proccessor speed to make it worth while. Our office Machine are Dual 2.5 GHz G5's running 8 Gigs of Ram and Dual monitors on Stage 3 Graphics Cards.... Big Bad boys... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/headspin.gif

#17 ·

[ QUOTE ]
most stable OS I've ever worked in. I have run several apps churning graphics at the same time and it hardly ever complains... But you do need the Ram and Proccessor speed to make it worth while. Our office Machine are Dual 2.5 GHz G5's running 8 Gigs of Ram and Dual monitors on Stage 3 Graphics Cards.... Big Bad boys... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/headspin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I've heard good things about Unix. Our company is about to go to a new software that's Unix based. Gonna be some real fun... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wall.gif

Those are some awesome machines...server level processing power from the sounds of it/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif...got any pics??? Model #'s???

#19 ·

the photos are great. much more interesting than the typical straight on shots. someone knew what they were doing when taking those.

G
#20 ·

Thanks. I try and get the perspective and drama of what's going on as much as possible. Although it helps that I took about 400 photos total. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.