Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That is huge, it's making me re think the tire size for the tires i'm ordering on monday. I figure with 8" I should be able to fit 35" swamper tsl's, right? look at the picture let me know what u think. Also the rear is up 2" since the picture was taken and the tires on it are 31"

G

·
BEAST,
MOST EXCELLENT MAN !!!!!! AND THANKS FOR THE NICE WORDS !!
LOOKS WELL BUILT AND BY THE PICS ITS VERY FUNCTIONAL !!!!
WE HAVE A FEW POSER XJs UP HERE AND THEN A FEW THAT ARE BUILT. MOST AROUND 3-5" LIFTS. MINE IS NOT THE NORM AS IM SURE U KNOW BY YOURS. PEOPLE STOP XJs WITH ANY SIZE LIFT CUZ FOR SOME REASON THEY THINK IT CANT BE DONE. THATS ACTUALLY HOW MINE GOT SO LARGE. SOME GUYS IN THE LOCAL JEEP CLUB HERE WERE TALKING ABOUT HOW THE CJ, YJ AND TJ ARE THE ONLY REAL JEEPS TO BUILD. I HAD A PROBLEM WITH THAT AS I WAS AT ABOUT 5" OF LIFT ANF FULLY LOCKED AND GEARED AND STILL BEAT THE HELL OUT OF THEM ON MOST TRAILS AND ROCK RUNS. I TRY TO TELL THEM THAT MY XJ RIDES LIKE A "CADDY" ON THE TRAILS AND STILL CAN DO WHAT THEY DO (EXCEPT TIGHT TURNS) AND I CAN EVEN LIFT IT HIGHER THAN THIERS IF I FELT LIKE IT. WELL I KINDA PUT MY FOOT IN MY MOUTH AND HAD TO FOLLOW UP WITH THE CHALLENGE !!!! NOW I STILL BEATEM ON THE TRAIL AND I DONT HERE ANYONE SAYING ANYTHING EXCEPT THEY WISH THEY COULD DO SOME OF THE THINGS I DO WITH MY RIG, WHICH THEY COULD IF THEY BUILT THEM A LITTLE MORE !!!.
GOING FROM 35" TO 38" MIGHT REQUIRE MORE FENDER TRIMMING THAN U WANT TO DO BUT THEY WILL MOST DEFINATELY FIT UNDER IT !!!!
I ALSO READ YOUR BIO AND SEE YOUR IN PA. HOW FAR FROM THE STATE LINE ARE U ??? WE SHOULD GET TOGETHER FOR A RIDE. IM TRYING TO GET SOME OF US NORTHEASTERN XJers TOGETHER LIKE SCRAM AND NHXJ FOR A N/E RUN. THOSE PICS OF MINE ARE ON SOME LOCAL TRAILS ABOUT 10 MINUTES FROM MY HOUSE. U ALSO HAVE THOSE LAWS IN PA ABOUT TIRES STICKING OUTSIDE THE FENDERS AND BUMPER HIGHTH DONT U ?? WE DONT HAVE THAT HERE SO IT A LITTLE EASIER FOR MODS.

89 2D XJ, 9 " OF LIFT, LOCKED F&R, 4.56, 4.1 LR, 38 X 12.5 TSLs AND TO MANY OTHERS TO LIST !!

I LIKE IT DIRTY,
XJ89XJ

G

·
I like your xj. And XJ89Xj for sure has the biggest Xj here. I will be at about 6.5" after today and hope i can do some more stomping on the trail. SCRAM

It's All Out or Nothing At All!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
since everyone is in this thread, if we all got together where would we go that would be a good middle ground. Scram and i could meet up, then meet you guys, i think that would be the easiest thing!

Later,

Todd

88' XJ
3" rusty's
1.75" Shackles
2" RE spacers.
Rusty LCA's.
RE adj trackbar

G

·
I GUESS THE MAIN THING IS WHERE DO WE HAVE SOME DECENT TRAILS TO RUN ???? PARAGON IN PA HAS A RUN COMING UP THE END OF JUN. OR I HAVE SOME GOOD TRAIL AROUND HERE I JUST DONT HAVE A PLACE TO PUT ALL U GUYS UP AT. LET ME CHECK WITH A FRIEND (GOTZOOK) WHO WILL BE RUNNING WITH US ANYWAY AND MAYBE WE CAN WORK SOMTHING OUT HERE FOR LODGING.

89 2D XJ, 9+" OF LIFT, LOCKED F&R, 4.56, 4.1 LR, 38 X 12.5 TSLs AND TO MANY OTHERS TO LIST !!

I LIKE IT DIRTY,
XJ89XJ

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
my jeep is my lodging man! I just wanted to see if there was something in the middle. No offense but upstate NY ir really far away, especially for a wheeling expidition ya know. you can't limp home for 400-500mi! Anyway i hope that we can pull it off, it would be cool.

Later,

Todd

88' XJ
3" rusty's
1.75" Shackles
2" RE spacers.
Rusty LCA's.
RE adj trackbar

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.