Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1995 Cherokee Sport and I want to put a moderate lift on it. I want to get 3 or 4 inches because I am fairly inexperienced and I don't want to go overboard. I have looked around for prices and comments about lifts but I'm still not sure what I want yet. Also, I need to know what else I would have to buy other than the kit. Any comments will help.

Thanks,
Jared

G

·
lift for you dollar id say the way to go if your starting is Rubicon express, they make a 3 inch kit that preforms well for your money. plus they design they're kits to be upgraded easly. if u go much over 3 inches your going to need SYE(slip yoke eliminater) kit for your drivelines, then you'll get into gears and all that stuff. with the 3 inch you can get away with running your stock gears for starters. but trust me you'll want to upgrade=).....

G

·
As Pat95xj said, RE makes a good kit and a mild 3" will get you started. I also like Skyjacker but they are more money. I would suggest getting replacement rear spring packs. I personaly dont like add a leafs or blocks. You can start off small and work up but do your homework. there are alot of things to know about lifting a Jeep, brakelines, SYE, etc...but with a 3" you should be ok. Also be carefull, You'll get hooked and wont be able to stop.

Derek

G

·
a 3" lift is fine for starters. although i lifted my 2000 XJ 3"s with 31x10.5 and wish i would have went 4.5"s and 32s but doing that requires alot more mods then the 3" lift. a good lift kit will include everything needed in the kit except sway bar disconnects. i also suggest the RE kit although i have the skyjacker kit. the skyjacker kit is very complete, it even came with a trac bar relocation bracket so you don't need an aftermarket adjustable bar. but most 3" lift kits will include everything except rims and tires.

G

·
A 2" budget boost will allow you to run a 30" tire with good results but if you want to get in the 31" club you will need 3" of lift. There are alot of good kits out there but don't get fooled into thinking you need to spend alot of cash to get started. Rustys Offroad sells a great 3" inch kit and money wise it's pretty cheap. If you want to go real budget minded you can get a 3" Rough Country kit from JC Whitney for around $100.00. Some people say the quality is lacking but that is what I started with and beleive me when I say, I beat the hell out of it with no failures......Shop around and you will see that some of the kits have more stuff in them then you need and some have less. You need to decide what is right for what you want to build and remember that we all started with "just a little lift" and look where it took me........

Have fun!!

Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.