Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Dana 20 mated to a Th400 Automatic in a 78 CJ7.. its leaking alot but I can't seem to find the leak... whats the best spray/cleaner/[censored] to use to clean off the case completely? Now whats the part number for a seal for the dana 20 case? What fluid should I use to refill? Where is the fill plug??? Just getting everything together before I attempt to screw with on sat...

Muddynut
/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif 78 CJ7 "Issues" /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Question to complicated? Please someone help.

Muddynut
/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif 78 CJ7 "Issues" /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Well the fill plug is in the back right hand side halfway up the case. I would fill it with something like 80w90 run it for awhile to get it nice and hot, then drain it out and run something a little thicker. As for the output seals, I just went to parts store, and asked for output seals. The old one are a beeeeaaaaaach to get out. I just looked it up on Napa website, and there part # is NOS15450 The front and rear output seals are the same if I'm not mistaken

Keith

ITS GOOD ENOUGH /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.