Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for an X-mas present for my girl and I thought a book would be nice for my jeepgirl. I want to get her either the JEEP OWNERS BIBLE or THE JEEP BIBLE both available from 4WDH. We both own mid 80's CJ's, but are also bringing back to life an 88 YJ Sahara fire victim. If anyone has any experience with either of these books could you recomend the one that would suit her the best? thanx CTjeepnut

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just a word of advice, if she's not CTjeepnut (and I'm sure she's not as gung ho as you)... and doesn't love her Jeep, you might want to think of something for her, not YOU! /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

Might I suggest: smelly chick lotion from bath and body... candles... Women respond positivley to "romantic" stuff... /wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif

Jon-YJ94
I6, 3.5" Black Diamond, MORE, & more
still working!

·
Official Curmudgeon
5,207 Posts
Does your girlfriend have a sister? I never got away that cheap for Christmas I hope this is just a small
part of what you ar getting her for Christmas, otherwise she'll be somebody else's girlfriend next year.
Diamonds are always good.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Of course she's nuts, she see's something in me doesn't she? What gets her juices flowin is when I put my foot in the weber, her idea of a romantic encounter is takin the jeeps out in the woods to our favorite spot and having a hood and blanket experience. LOL But seriously , diamonds are not an option, we both been there done that, and she smells good enough already, she needs new tires so thats what shes getting. HO HO HO . When we go shopping she'll be picking up her own girl stuff. Believe it or not she wants one of those books because she seen you guys talking about them, so help me out here, please CTjeepnut

·
Official Curmudgeon
5,207 Posts
I've got the Jeep Owners Bible by Moses Ludel. Didn't find it very exiting, still looks new. Now a Chilton
manual, thats a different story, mine is got so worn I had to get another.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are both decent, the "Owners Bible" has allot of good information /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif in it about history, mods, trail driving etc...... That is the one many people recommend as needed for anybody that owns a Jeep/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif.

~|_____
__|____|__
/-/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif||||/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif-\
(/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif)-o--(/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif)

Randy 80 CJ5

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had to order by 3pm today to get the discount, so I got The Jeep Bible , only because it had a picture of a CJ on the front, the other book had a picture of a TJ and I don't see us getting one of them until they're at least 10 yrs old, LOL. I called today on that T-18 today Randy, Joe wasn't home so I left a message, I'll keep you posted. CTjeepnut

·
Registered
401 Posts
I found the "Jeep Owner's Bible" in a large bookstore and I'm glad I did..... I browsed through and saw it had nothing of interest to a CJ owner, so I left it there. OTOH, the "Jeep Bible" is ONLY for CJ's-- and is a hoot to read, as well. My wife gave me that for my birthday, along with a Hi-Lift (well, I hinted a bit <g>.

-Dana

Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors-- and miss.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif CTjeepnut it has been 5 days past of your post of the
hood and blanket experience/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif
/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif The trama has been so great that I cannot look at a jeep hood the
same way as before/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gifA jeep hood use to be just a cool looking
cover for the mighty 258 I-6 the old 4.2 not no more. /wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif Now I even have notice a small dent 10 -12". from the front
of MY HOOD and has me wondering what happen that my poor jeep would have such
a mark on his hood and what went on there /wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif
/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.giflife just not the same/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif

/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.