Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of buying a jeep wrangler and had a few questions. First Is the 4.0 more reliable than the 4.2? How much lift is required to run 36" tires? Is the Rubicon Express spring over lift a good modification, or should I stick with spring under lifts? Do the '92 - '95 Wranglers have shoulder belts in the rear? Sorry for all the questions, but I'm going from a Toyota to a Jeep so I don't know alot about Jeeps. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
126 Posts
welome to the real world now that you are thinking of a jeep instead of a toyota;)

ill answer the questions that i know and im sure sme one will help with the others.
1. yes the 4.0 is more reliable because theres no carb to have to mess with and tune.
2dont know about the lift
3. yes 92-95 wranglers have rear shoulder belts.

good luck with finding one ya like
mike

'95 jeep yj 2" body lift to fit 31's and soon to have a new suspention lift. you cant own a jeep and not "modify" it :)

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
1. Yep the 4.0 is more reliable. Its also easy to stroke out to 4.5L by dropping in a 4.2Ls crankshaft
2. 7" of lift is required to run 36" tires. More or less depending on how stiff or supple the suspension is.
3. Spring-Over really is the way to go, especially if you want to run 36" or larger tires.
4. I always thought 93 and newer Jeeps were the ones with the shoulder belts in the rear. Its easy enough to tell just by looking at the roll-bar.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts