Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 1993 Wrangler Renegade, and even though the manufacture date suggests that it is a YJ model, is it really considered a YJ? I'm wondering because it's a special model that some YJ parts won't fit on. Just curious.

Joker2002
'93 Wrangler Renegade / 4.0L

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yeah, its a YJ, that model is commonly known as the "Disco Jeep" Eddie Perez of ORC has one that he has taken most of the extra stuff off of, looks tons better.

Brad
ORC Land Use Editor
Land Use
VP RockGarden 4 Wheelers, Aztec, NM
RockGarden 4 Wheelers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm certainly no expert, But it is a yj, but not all years of yj's have all interchangable parts. (whew) that's a big word. Check out the catalogues and you'll see where some of the years break off.

donnerparty

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
As far as I know, and from what I've seen in the catalogs, it's a YJ. The only parts that don't fit would be flares, bumpers, that kind of stuff. Any parts that interract with the big plastic body stuff.

Under all that, it should be mechanically identical to a YJ.

Not saying I'm right, but that's my take on it.
Good luck
Pete

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/jeep_macgyver

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it was made between '87 and '95 and has square headlights, which it does, it's a YJ. "Wrangler" was the new model name for the open body style in '87 just like the XJ is named the Cherokee. "Renegade" was just another trim package like Sahara, Islander, Rio Grande, Sport... Other than all the extra plastic bolted over the body and bumpers, it's the same. Take off all the plastic and the normal YJ stuff will fit fine.

'88 Sahara, 4.2, auto, 4.0 head swap (finally), no trac bars.

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
Actually it's '87 to '95. The "Renegade" model was akin to either '91 or '92 (can't remember) to '93. Personally I think they're UGLY, but they are still all jeep.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
aren't 86 YJ's also? please let me not emberass myself here..

Give me some fresh air, and give me that farm, give me some time with you in my arms; cause I'm gonna feed my soul, where the black top ends...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Duh!
I do know that but I was trying to make sure I didn't type '96 for the last year and mine is an '88 which I'm used to saying.../wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif
Sorry

'88 Sahara, 4.2, auto, 4.0 head swap (finally), no trac bars.

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
Hey, no problem, we all get brainfarts from time to time. You'd be surprised at how many people post here and aren't sure of the lineage of the jeep.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts