Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just to let all u wr250f lads/gals out there know a little problem they have. Well my 02 wr250f was like 3 months old and 1 day i went to go for a ride and there was no compression. I was so pissed i sent it back to the dealership where i got it from and they wreckon i washed it wrong and got water in the engine causing the valves to corrode and stick. But as i have had bikes all my life i know that was not the case but anyway enough wining, i will get to the point. It turned out to be condensation, don't ask me how it gets in there but apparently the only way of preventing this from happening is leaving your bike on top dead centre, and if by anychance it does happen to you then just poor quarter a cap of oil into the top of motor (sparkplug hole) and hold in the decompression lever and kick it over for a little, then hopefully you should loosen up the valves and have compression back but please be very careful doing this as it might cause more damage than is already done if your valves stick at the wrong time and it is possible for your valves to re stick so really just make sure it is your lucky day and you have your crystal ball, in my case it worked fine and i have never had a problem with it since except for the outrageous insurance/rego e.t.c that goes with owning it.

Keep Roostin !!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Last spring when I brought the bike out for the season I thought I'd kick the bike over easily a few times just to get the juices flowing. Well I go for the first kick and the kickstarters' jammed at the top.... crap I think.... it's dry seized over the winter.

Pull the the tank off....

Take the plug out....

Pour a bit of oil in the spark plug hole....

All of a sudden I can turn the motor over by hand.

then I realize the reason I couldn't kick it over was because I didn't have the decompression lever pulled.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Re: WR250F PROBLEM ? You might want to read this !

I think Steve rides a YZF 426, but not totally sure. Steve, I wasn't laughing at you bro, I'm with you all the way. I posted the above after a couple glasses of scotch last night. Wordless expressionism.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: WR250F PROBLEM ? You might want to read this !

LOL! I deserve to be laughed at for that bonehead move.

Yes, I ride the 426.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.