Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of contracting to have Samurai replacement tubs to be manufactured and during the interim, between tooling the mold and getting all this damn licensing red tape done with Suzuki Corp. I came up with this as an appetizer.
I saw some great designs(one in particular) for half doors for Sammys at the Melt. So my question is would there be any interest for a set of half doors that are very lightweight, can virtually be beat to hell with a sledge hammer and still look like new, won't corrode/rust, and in the $175-190 price range per pair? If so let me know and maybe we can get them tooled fairly quickly (30 days) and on the market.
If anyone would like to submit some design ideas of what you have or would like to see, be it photos or drawings, please forward to this post or directly to me at [email protected] In fact I would be willing to let the masses pick through the designs submitted and vote on which style would be the best for reproduction possibly. Ain't America and democracy great?

So Samerica, speak up and be counted!!

G

·
Re: Would anyone be interested in PLASTIC half doors??

Spidertrax is in the process of doing this already. Don't know the price of them, but hey competition brings better products at a cheaper price.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I have been working on a set of two piece soft doors. Kinda like the old CJ's had, they will be light and fit behind the rear seat easy. I am trying to get them done before Suzi's on the Rocks. I like having the top half, due to the weather in the NW (rain). It allows me the ability to pull the top half of and put them in back. So if you make a set I would be more interested if they had a soft "top half", that would be easy to remove or install, plus compact enough to fit behind the seat easy.

G

·
That's what I want too! In Maine it's gets kinda hot during the day in the summer so I pop off the doors at the house. As the day ends out on the trail it gets too cold with no doors on but I have to suffer with it until I get home. REALLY sux when you've gotten wet & get lost (2nd day of Zookin 2k1)

G

·
Re: Would anyone be interested in PLASTIC half doors??

I know they are prototyping now, they will be a two piece set with the tops like the old CJ's. The hard part is finding some one to do the tops at a reasonable price....also they will come clear so you can paint the inside to match your rig.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.