Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get a YJ, i already have a CJ and i am just looking for something more reliable and new. The only hing is, is that i do not like the hub set up on the wranglers. Is it easy to convert to hubs and are there any problems. I would like to lift it enough for 33x12.50's. So i guess i need a 4 inch susp. and a 2 inch body, are there any problems with this set up...Thanks\Matt

she thinks all my trucks are sexy!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I wouldn't think you would need all that much lift for 33X12.50s would you? As for the hubs, there was an article in JP Magazine a few months ago about that. If I remember right, it wasn't supposed to be a big deal. Might let someone else comment on that. I've got a CJ and a YJ and I've left my YJ pretty much stock since it's my daily ride.

JP
'94 YJ and '85 CJ7 with stuff done to it/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well I have a 92 yj and put in a 4 in. susp. lift. You deifinetely dont need anymore than that to get 33's to fit. Just remember when shopping for a lift...think cheaper is not always better. As for a explorer pro comp lift. I found out the hard way and now I have a really stiff susp. which hopefully one day will soften up since its still new

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont think the hub swap is hard, but it is not cheap. Warn makes a kit with everything you need, but I think it runs about $700-$800. If you have the money though I would definately do it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.