Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
itl be 4" from the downpipe elbow back

im to cheap to buy a 3- 4 inch transition join ive got to weld all the cut then weld in chunk of 3" thats flarred on the end and clamp it to factory 3" down pipe then get to fabing the 4 incch pipe. its just cheap generic 4" straight through muffler ill get it out at the dauly fended with a few 45 bends and maybe do slash cut or turn down slightly

Attachments

· Registered
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont have gauges those i my do a OBDII power programer deal with gauges and power settings fairly soon. well i dunno .

so far results iwth littler driving. my filter is resonating much more at idle, trucks pufn black smoke now. throttle respnse is much quicker and its much louder kinda of a nascar type rumble.

truck acelerates quicker to. i changed my 3"-4" transition with transition i found in factory exaust.

ill see if can get sound clip up later.

Attachments

· Registered
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
sound

trucksound.flv video by Evan03_photo - Photobucket

maybe that will work. for some reason i cant post a vid like i usualy do

one thing i noticed i drove it for day with the 4" and muffler no tail pipe and it had an agressive sound , just didnt have time to weld the short tail pipe up right away. then day later after getn the tail pipe mounted i was shocked to hear it get noticably louder theres 3-4 foot of pipe past the muffler. i exspected it to soke up alittle noice. but it got louder

i cant wait to either buy 4" down pipe or fabb my own. if i fabb it it will be fabbing intensive there will be 3-4 bends all welded and its very time consuming cutting and fitting all the bends together then getn them all welded up leak free. i spent couple hours with soap and water findin leaks in my welds on just the tail pipe and muffler seams . i canot stand leaks they add raspy cackle exspecialy on gas motor

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.