Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buggy is plated and insured but missing these vital parts to be "street legal". I have my head lights and tail lights wired together right now so they are either both on or not on at all which is fine with me. Please give me a little help i'm electrical stupid.

Are brake lights as simple as running an always hot 12 volt wire to the brake light switch and then running a wire to the brake lights?

What is involved in wiring turn signals and getting them to flash? I remember some one posting up a universal turn signal switch. Also what's involved in getting hazards to flash? i'll probably be on the side of the road some where broken so they would be nice to have. Are there any "universal colors" to use for different wires?

What's a nice and loud electric horn i could pull out of the junk yard? Do horns need a relays?

·
Registered
946 Posts
Well Ihate to scare you but it realy gets a little involved. TO get the brake, turn signal and hazards to work together takes a little work. Just looking at this "simple" diagram shows what a stock system has to do..

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

Matbe there are some aftermarket systems that would be less involved.

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the diagram. After modifing an s10 harness to make a 4.3 run that diagram doesn't really scare me and it helps alot. I'm sure i'd still have a couple brain farts doing it but i think i can figure it out now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts