Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1982 CJ7, and when I turn my parking lights on, the front blinkers stop blinking. The lights just stay on constantly. However, when my headlights and parking lights are off, my front blinkers work great. My side and rear blinkers work all the time, no problems. Anyone have any ideas? Help me please?!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Things in your Jeep are getting somewhat old, it is possible you are losing some ground connections in your light assembly. I would try checking the wires for shorts (in the switches) or missed grounds. I had a similar problem in a '62 VW bug, I lost all ground to one of my fenders, causing the brake light and blinker to stop working together, and had to reroute a ground wire and everything worked out. on my '77 CJ-7 I am noticing a lot of my wiring is corroding up through connections into the insulation and where things are not functioning right, I am splicing in new ends or trimming up to good copper. Give that a try in case nobody has a better suggestion.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sometimes your fix is just as easy as replacing the bulbs. I've had very unusual problems (such as rear parking lights shining real bright like the brake was on) and putting in brand new bulbs from the parts store cured the problems.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I agree with the other guys. I've found a lot of wires that, as they get old, corrode or the insulation dries and starts breaking down.
Try running new wires or cleaning up the connections to all the lights involved.

Keep on Jeepin'
Scott

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.