Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just gotten a 1987 Wrangler that the previous owner totally screwed up with band-aid fixes.

My problem is that my wipers are messed up. They run very slowly (about 2 seconds for a full wipe) in low and high (same speed for both) or when I hold down the mist for more than 1/2 second. They don't do anything in intermittent mode. I'm guessing that the intermittent sends out a pulse that is too short a duration to start them.

Any ideas? The jeep has a tilt steering wheel if that matters.

· Registered
1,025 Posts
The wiper delay module on your Wrangler is a small box that plugs in series with the wiper switch under the colum. You can unplug this delay box, and by-pass it. Your wipers should work in all modes except delay. This would be a good starting point.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My wipers had only fast and off. I changed the little black box and they're working on all speeds now. But the speeds aren't exactly the same as before the black box crapped out on me. Right now the fastest intermitent speed is about 1 second resting time between wipes. The next closest speed to that is about 10 seconds between wipes. I used to always set it to about 5 seconds between wipes, but that's not possible now.
Perhaps Chrysler just doesn't make the little black boxes like they used to!

-Dorian
www.4Low.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.