Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to fit the new windshield frame to the 'glass body today. New frame dimensions are the same as the old. I am using Genuine Stainless hinges and there is a gap of about 1/8" on either side of the cowl between the body and hinge. I could use a shim but thought maybe someone here could tell me if I am mssing something. Anyone have any experience with this problem? Maybe the glass body is narrower than the stock body. I guess I can go to the boneyard and measure the width tomorrow. Anyway, suggestions are always appreciated.

'85 CJ7 in pieces..
Daily driver - 2000 FLSTC

·
Registered
840 Posts
sounds like a defect in the hinges try matching up a factory original hinge and see if it is the same if it is than there is a defect in the body dimensions not a big deal just cut a couple of rubber gaskets for the sides

jeep the first 4 wheel drive the only 4 wheel drive

·
Registered
535 Posts
Factory windshield hinges are much stronger than the aftermarket stainless steel ones that I have seen. I got a pair from a guy on ebay for around $15.

Mark
83 CJ-7 and 76 CJ-7 with stuff

·
Registered
425 Posts
I have the same problem, I was in a jam (OEM hinge snapped when I folded the frame down), and the Kentrol hinges were on back order, so I went with Steel Horse (I know, i'm an idiot). Needless to say, I have a sizable gap between the frame and hinges, about 3 pennies thick. I'm living with it, Steel Horse did say they would replace them, but I have no desire to rip the dash out again, its a bit chilly around here.

'84 CJ-7, 4.2, 3.5" Lift, 31's, YJ tub, TR upgrade, Moser 1 piece, LED's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts