Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have any suggestions for replacing the channel that holds the soft top to the windshield on a pre 75 cj mine is gettin pretty rough with age and it is a total pia to put the top on

jeep the first 4 wheel drive the only 4 wheel drive

·
Registered
524 Posts
Ive got some aluminum track that I got ffrom work. Its for awnings and or canopies like on building fronts. You might try a sign shop or i could send you a piece The cross section kinda looks like this "__C" If this is not enough info. I can get some pics tomorrow

·
Registered
11,504 Posts
A few years ago I got a new soft top which came with a new mounting channel, which I used. The new one is a streched out "h" extrusion, where the old one is more like a flattened-out "z". I should still have the old one around somewhere. If that's what you need, I'll go on a quest.

I might have been born at night, but it wasn't LAST night.

·
Registered
5,512 Posts
This is the stuff I'll use when the time comes. http://www.all-rite-ca.com/awningrails.html
You think finding parts for pre '76 CJs was tough, HA!/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif. Try telling ANYONE at a parts house you need something for a Commando. "Wasn't that an old Norton motorcycle?"/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif

Caver Dave
'72 Commando
Oo=====oO

1 - 4 of 4 Posts