Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The owner was not only rather arrogant, but didn't have a clue what lockers were, etc. I'm pretty sure he was in 4-hi as well.. I tried to make some suggestions, but I think his embarrassment got the best of him.

Once I got him out, I'm pretty sure he would have driven off while I was still cabled to him. I yelled etc not to move. As soon as I unhooked him, he bugged-out

And I just bought a digital camera earlier in the day which is on backorder.

Kent

· Registered
144 Posts
Enjoyinglife121,

That would have been a REAL cool pic **LOL***

We got about 2 feet in central Mass. People were stuck everywhere.

How much snow did you end up with??

G

·
I got around 12 inches from Springfield area in MA. You guys are lucky to get that much more snow because we usually get more out near the Berkshires.

G

·
I was driving in snow that deep all around town practicing. Then went through/over snowbank 3-4 feet high. Made it over in 4hi. Can't do that anymore because snow is as hard as a rock and all ice.

G

·
I totally agree with
H2 but I would stop to help one out. Makes a good story and further proves what a P.O.S. that vehicle is. Plus, thats what jeepers do - lend a helping hand.

· Registered
2,700 Posts
the actual vehicle h2 isnt a total pos, one of the best 4x4s that has ifs, its the price$$$ that make it PILE OF WORTHLESS CRAP lol

· Registered
4,117 Posts
Because a true 4x4 junkie is also a true American at heart and will always stop to help out another fellow American

G

·
Here, here. I went to inquire about the price for regear and locker install yesterday. The owner of the shop has a tricked out H2 and all I could get from him was how I was going to grenade the 8.25 with the add of 32's and a locker... sometimes it's the drivers of those damn things that make me hate 'em...arrogant bastards. Hey, I know a 44 or 60 is the way to go-but I don't have a ton 'o cash and I'm not tryin to climb Everest in it.
Oh and guys...I was only kiddin' about the, "why?" Of course I would've helped the guy. 2 days ago I gave a SWB guy a jumpstart in the parkin lot of the Lowe's hardware and EVERY year since 1998 I serve the local hospital as a VOLUNTEER snow emergency driver. Logged over a thousand miles last year- which moved me to the number 1 slot!!
I'm a nice guy-honest....

· Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry for the delayed response.

I'm convinced he could have gotton out on his own, but he didn't have a clue how his drive system worked or anything about his lockers. So he just sat there spinning his tires being the "butt" of jokes by everyone driving by. The truckers were having a field day on the CB.

Anyway, I got my digital camera now, so if I'm ever lucky enough to have a second chance at something like this, hopefully I can get some shots of it.

Kent

· Registered
279 Posts
I pull them off the beach all the time. h2, land rover,land cruiser,xterra. Ive come to the conclusion that its the driver. the land rover I have to say just sucks.
forgot to mention the mercades. the last one I pulled out I took for a cruise and its nice on the beach at least. put some nice tires on that, scratch it up a bit, lift it,
change the name and maybe Id drive that. naaaaaa

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.