Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1,929 Posts
I made one for about a $100. I actually made a complete bumper and winch plate combination. I used 2"x4" rectangular tubing to make the front bumper and used 2"x2" angle iron perpendicular to to that that goes on top of and outside the frame rails. I then welded a piece of 1/4" diamond plate steel over the top of the angle iron and tubing to make a winch plate. The diamond plate is in the same location as the plastic Jeep frame cover. The diamond plate acts as a great mounting surface and keeps the frame rails from being pulled in as CJD explained. I haven't tried it out yet because I can't afford a winch right now, but it looks great and should be plenty strong for an 8000lb winch. If you don't want to buy a premade unit, I could take a picyure and provide measurements of the unit I made.

1985 CJ7 4.2L, T-176, Dana 300, 2.73 gears(too high), 2.5" lift, 31" tires, Durabak

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.