Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
6,355 Posts
FN: Go with a mount that you can see works on BOTH frame rails...that is it has a way of NOT pulling one rail forward and making a "Z" out of the frame section. It should have (looking down) some "section" to it such that it pulls the frame, AND holds the rails in the same spot relative to each other. Having used winch trucks quite a bit, this is the biggest thing that you need to watch out for....that it doesn't pull on one rail only, and CAN'T, no matter how wierd the snatch is, or where it is coming from. Not all pulls are straight out the front.

CJDave

· Registered
6,355 Posts
No I don't, but mainly because I have not really noticed. If you have some possibilities and tell me where to view them I would be glad to give you my $.02 worth. We will not be putting one on our SNOJEEP, first because we really don't need it, and second because we are trying to get the weight in the rear for handling.

CJDave

· Registered
6,355 Posts
Re: Winch mount- is GOOD!

Yeah! Clap! Clap! Tom has "bagged" it! His winch mount has the necessary "section" to prevent a frame "Z" if he has a badly offset pull. Simple...yet strong in all the right places!

CJDave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.