Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought the Warn 9500 today - got the mount plate also. Now - what about juice for my new winch. Is one auto type battery enough?

·
Registered
474 Posts
I'm using only one battery and a high-amp alternator. Works fine so far.

'86 CJ-7, 360, TFI, 727, OEM Dana 44 rear w/Truetrac, Dana 30 w/Powertrax No-Slip, 4" Superlift, 4:11s, Warn HS9500i

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
Think of it this way...

1. One battery system = a possibility of trouble.
2. Two battery system = less cost than a tow bill

It's not a situtation of if it will happen that you need that second battery, but when. You can construct your own system, tray, wires, switches/elect. hardware, etc. for far less than you can buy it. It's a bit of piece of mind on the trail. This is not a case of overkill. Click on my logo to take you to my two battery system done on the cheap...

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
If running 2 batteries , wouldn`t it be better to run 2 six volt batteries in series . Used to do this in the race car and it turned over a 468 Chevy with Gobs of compression like it was a 4 cylinder. Just my thoughts .

Jeff

Summer is just around the corner /wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LEVE - Like your info. How a bout a little wiring diagram for this setup? I looked at my golf cart wiring and nearly had a nervous breakdown. Thanks Merlin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.