Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My orginal 85 CJ Mirrors have fallen off my full-size doors for the last time. 1) Do the mirrors that are on full-size TJ doors, would they bolt directly to my doors? 2) If not, how much of a modification would it be or am I wasting my time? 3) Do YJ and TJ mirrors have the same bolt/torex pattern? Thanks for your help.

85 CJ8 Undergoing Frame-up Modifications w/4.0 standing by for transplant w/T176/Dana300 - Lookin for aluminum or chrome 15x8 spoke wheels to fit CJ.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
TJ and newer YJ mirrors are the same...they bolt to the upper door hinges. Are you sure you don't have YJ doors or a homebrew setup on your Jeep? Never seen a CJ with factory mirrors on the hard doors, that started with the YJ to the best of my knowledge...I think I may even have one of those mirrors laying around. Alternately, you can install mirror mover brackets and put the mirrors are the windshield hinges where they belong.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.