Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
I posted earlier about my problem with my steering brace not bolting into the frame because the nuts broke loose on the inside of the frame. So my brother suggested i just drill 2 holes through the top of the frame and run long bolts through the frame and just put a nut at the top.

Would this weaken my frame greatly, any suggestions on this?

'85 Scrambler

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It would work... your trying to stabilize the nut inside the frame right? Just dont make the holes too big. Goodluck

78 CJ7 "Issues"

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
If you drill throught the frame and put nuts on top. Make sure you put a piece of pipe in the frame to keep it from crushing the frame. Just drill a bigger hole on end and weld the piece of pipe in. Good luck.

Can someone please bring me a hammer my 33's just ate my fender again. Damn i need more lift.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Crushing the frame? eep. I dont have a welder, dont have access to one, and dont know how to weld. So if i cannot put a peice of pipe in there i am running a risk of crushing the frame, what do you mean exactly by that?

'85 Scrambler

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
dont over tighten the bolts.. snug them down good... and itll be fine..

http://www.jeepgod.net

84 CJ-7 401/T-18/D20/D44/D60w/4.10&Detriots/YJ frame & tub/35x16x15 Boggers
survival is instinct, but living takes guts

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
What it means it extactly what is says. Like jeepgod said you would probably be ok. There is one other way to do it thought. Use the pipe but put a big washer on so it covers the pipe and some of the frame.

Can someone please bring me a hammer my 33's just ate my fender again. Damn i need more lift.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts