Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif There have been several(really all of 'em) good posts here, and lots of items that need to be looked at, like the accuracy of the speedo and so forth. Gas mileage usually isn't ONE thing, it's a lot of odds and ends. You need to sweep out EVERY corner on this, and check into every possibility from ignition timing to tire rolling diameter. MATCH those tires by adjusting air pressure till the top of the rim is EXACTLY the same height off the ground (hot). CHECK that timing and experiment a little. Now that the pinion speed is lower, and tooth pressure is higher, the special gear lube MIGHT make a measureable difference. The same goes for the main box and the t-case. Also, what about alignment. If that Jeep is "pushing", it would really suck up the HP./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless I've made 'em up myself.

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif Excellent point Pete. Back in the 70's when they had the man-made fuel crunch, people sold perfectly good Buick LeSabres for peanuts and bought a Volkswagen Rabbit for more than the sticker price. Had they done the math, it would have shown that they could have kept the Buick and BANKED the savings each month that they would have realized from having no car payment. It takes a TREMENDOUS DIFFERENCE in fuel to offset big expenditures, because you are only working with the difference, not the total fuel used./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless I've made 'em up myself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.