Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
The 4.0l will bolt directly to the bellhousing from the 258, no problem. The trouble comes in when you try to hook up the crank position sensor, there's no mount for it on the t176 housing! Two ways to overcome this: Replace the housing with a new Advance Adapters bellhousing, (expensive) or, get the special dampner, sensor and mounting bracket that Mopar Performance is now selling separately from their EFI kit, and mount it to the front of the engine. They are also selling the wire harness and performance computer separatley too! The only other mod is to open up one of the left engine mount bolt holes to fit the metric thread bolt required in the 4.0 block. Use your 4.2 front accessories and flywheel/clutch also. The 4.0l exhaust manifold fits the chassis fine, but you will have to make a new headpipe for the exhaust. Hope this helps, good luck!

G

·
I thought of this to before. what about using the ax15 bell bousing to the t176 bell housing? Any ideas on what the computer and wire harness go for on a 4.0 motor? i know where i can get a sweet deal on a 4.0, no harness no computer no bellhousing but has the clutch set up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.