Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know about wiesco boost port pistons? what are the advantages of using this style piston? are there any disadvanages. and what exactly does the boost port do? I'm getting ready to do the top end on my banshee.thanks

UPDATE: I found out about the boost port pistons.They let more fuel and air in the cylinder. if you own a banshee you already have oversized ports in your pistons. there is no need to look for "boost ports pistons" for them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i just bought the prolites as far as i know the only difference is the the intake ports r different and ofcourse the price is probably alot higher.. for the kit i would say not to use them just incase get the prolite kit and then just port a bit that would be the same i bet

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey guys, what do you think about the Wiesco piston kit Magic offers? are those the lite weight pistons too?? i am goin to do my top end too soon and am probably goin to get that kit is is 200 and includes everything you need if i remember correctly. let me know what you guys think about that kit.
thanks

"Loofer"
'88 Banshee /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i thought about that kit but decided not too get it as little pricey 4 me when i have a crapy exchange rate right now they r prolites just the intake ports r different but remember compression=horsepower they say they produce good horses but i would assume with proper mods they do produce tell me what your banshee is set up like

Cman

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right now my banshee has FMF pipes, 28mm carbs. So it is bascially stock right now. the type of riding i do is trails, and i go duning at silver lake. It needs to be rebuilt so that is why i am looking for a top end rebuild.

thanks

"Loofer"
'88 Banshee /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
u know just get the prolite kit and do a little porting that will make a huge difference another cheep mod is reeds put in some boyesen 2stage they sure make the the throttle more crisp and a little head work wouldn't hurt u either

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.