Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why\'s it so dead?

I'm just curious, but the board has been quite dead lately. A month back or so, I'd post something, and five minutes later I'd have to goto the next page to find it. Today, I posted something and it's only been moved down about five slots. Just curious/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

Now search friendly!

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
Re: Why\'s it so dead?

Tis the season. It's wheelin and workin time. I know I've been glad to be in the garage and in the jeep doing instead of just talking about it. When it's cold it's time to build and talk.........when it's warm it's time to Do it./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

29" Thornbirds, pine air freshener, 401 to 2.5 conversion
[email protected]

G

·

We probably have talked about everything. BUT, whenever someone asks a question that has been discussed, everyone tells them to "do a search". I don't think this is very cool. I understand why people say this. You can't blow people off and expect the board to stay alive. Besides, often a thread starts out on one subject and ends up talking about something totally different, which is cool. New ideas could come to you any minute, even about a subject that you feel like you have talked about to death. Anyway, just a thought. Besides I'm still recovering and the board is my main entertainment right now, so, STEP IT UP! :) Later, Casey

Click to visit the LIBERTY FREE Extreme Trails website!
http://clix.to/extremetrails

·
Registered
2,346 Posts

Casey, I think you are correct about the use of the "do a search" comment. I decided to see if I could use a copy / paste feature to recycle older posts. It worked as long as I highlighted the text then used the "Right Click" to copy then paste. Here's a sample.

"We probably have talked about everything. BUT, whenever someone asks a question that has been discussed, everyone tells them to "do a search". I don't think this is very cool. I understand why people say this. You can't blow people off and expect the board to stay alive. Besides, often a thread starts out on one subject and ends up talking about something totally different, which is cool. New ideas could come to you any minute, even about a subject that you feel like you have talked about to death. Anyway, just a thought. Besides I'm still recovering and the board is my main entertainment right now, so, STEP IT UP! :) Later, Casey"

It worked, so maybe it would be cool if, instead of "do a search" the "copy / paste" feature could be learned so the information could be recycled.
dave

G

·

What are you talking about, this place is a madhouse. If you want dead, go to the Unimog board.

Cage Up, Wheels Down
Jeepfiend
All my Jeeps are in pieces!

G

·

In reply to:

Tis the season. It's wheelin and workin time. I know I've been glad to be in the garage and in the jeep doing instead of just talking about it. When it's cold it's time to build and talk.........when it's warm it's time to Do it
It's just the opposite here in Aridzona. It is so incredibly hot out. Even right now at 9:30pm it's unbearable. August is the worst month... humidity 70% or higher with 110 temps.

It's ok though... we wheel hard 10 months out of the year and can get a nice little tan even in February.

Have a good weekend everyone!

·
Registered
661 Posts

It is very tough this time of year here in Phoenix. About the only time you can wheel is late at night. I am trying to get my mods finished, but that is tough with the heat. My garage thermometer stays above 95 almost 24 hrs a day even if I leave the recently driven vehicles outside . I go through about 3 gallons of water for a full days wrenching, IN THE GARAGE. Usually don't pee until after 6:00pm either/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif. Lots of sweat! Hmmm, and I wonder why the wife doesn't want me afterwards. LOL

BigHG
84 CJ7
BRC Lifetime Member

G

·

i agree this is a great board
has a well rounded member base
lots of humor and intelect
find myself checking the damn thing
2 or 3 times daily!

[email protected],