Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of the six bolts that held my t-case skid plate on, 4 broke when i removed it and the other 2 had to be ground off. Today i was trying to drill the bolts out so that i could retap them and then put my new skid plate on. NO LUCK AT ALL!/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif I ended up braking 5 drill bits and worse hurting myself. (1 of the bits took a big chunk of skin with it when it went flying...)
I have a nice set of bolt extractors and those werent working either. What is going on?? Help please...

btw I was drilling straight into the frame. The bits are 118 deg. points and when they "bit" into the metal my drill demolished them. man this sucks

My jeep has lost 75 pounds on the new diet,... the rust elimination diet/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i was starting with a small bit and working my way up... I guess its a problem most people would like to have but all my tools are new. My dad wouldnt know which way to turn a screw driver so i had to buy all my tools in the last couple of years.

Any tricks to using the oil while upside down? Rember these are holes for skidplate. Thanks

My jeep has lost 75 pounds on the new diet,... the rust elimination diet/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
how big of tanks would i need?? I think i should probally rent them because i will be leaving for college in a year. Does anyone have a favorite "package deal" the rest of the set up?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.