Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who\'s From MI and what city?

I know AJM and JBS are from michigan, but i was curious as to who else is from michigan and what city? Im from Davison, its about 10 miles east of Flint.

Thanks,
Ryan

"Life Begins Where The Pavement Ends"

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Re: Who\'s From MI and what city?

I'm from Michigan. I'm from Saginaw. Well really technically the tiny town of Hemlock which is a few miles West of Saginaw... /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif I haven't been to the Silver Lake dunes yet this year... Maybe after my special project dealing with my S truck. Unfortunately that project is not to be discussed until it reaches completion. /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

Tim "Sandman"

ORC Land Use columnist:
My May Column

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Hi Tim. Hey have you ever heard of the Bay Area 4-Wheelers 4x4 Club? They are right in your area, great bunch of people. Ever make a trip to the Mounds ORV Park? I live about 5 mins away from there.

-Ryan

·
Registered
6,517 Posts

I don't think I recall hearing of that club... I'll have to hook up with 'em for a run or two after I get the tranny rebuilt in "Behemoth" (the 79 'burb)... I'll also have to take a trip to the mounds sometime... I was planning on it but have been having some vehicular difficulties, as well as the financial variety (student, I'm sure about everybody knows how that can be /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif)... /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

Tim "Sandman"

ORC Land Use columnist:
My May Column

·
Registered
4,752 Posts

yeah, I'm from Michigan. i live in Greenville...a thriving metropolis(not so much) about 45min north east of Grand Rapids.
---Peacock

96 Z-71 EXTcab, richmond 3.73, detroit rear, cold air, dual flowmasters, new drive-train

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Glad to see more people from the rust belt. I am in Shelby Twp. Just north of Utica. I used to belong to the Delta FourWheelers out of Saginaw. I have been to the Mounds once. Looking at going in the next couple weeks. Going to see what my 91 Trooper will do.

84 Xtra cab(looking for trail 4runner)
91 Trooper
96 Z-71

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Ive heard of the delta 4wheelers, i used to belong to the Thumb Area Mud Runners but they are more into mud races as i am more into trailrides and laid back boggin. If anyone ever wants company at the mounds just let me know, hopefully ill have my truck finished up in a few weeks. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I'm originally from Flushing but live in the Fenton area right now (you're just around the corner, Bogger!). Let me know if you guys set up a run somewhere - I've been to the Mounds a bunch of times, but don't really prefer it.

The project truck is almost done, might drive it up north for the 4'th... now if I could only get this pesky transfer case problem figured out.

I like animals. They taste good. /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I,m from Bay City, I'll be taking the Yukon up to silver lake the weekend after the fourth.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Hey all fellow michigan people. I am living in Grand Rapids right now but am from Montague (which is about 20 miles from the great Silver Lake.) anyone eles from around the big city...or know any places close to here.

Jerrod

·
Registered
4,752 Posts

Jglover,
Where from in GR? I"m down there quite a bit...well not so much now that my g/f moved from East, but I'm still down there a few times a week
---Peacock

96 Z-71 EXTcab, richmond 3.73, detroit rear, cold air, dual flowmasters, new drive-train

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Acttualy I live and work in Wyoming which is the southwest side of town.

·
Registered
534 Posts

Im from the great state of Michigan. Live by Freeland, right in the middle of Midland, Bay City, and Saginaw (the tri-cities).... I go up to Gladwin a lot wheelin. Talked to the Bay Area 4 Wheelers a few times http://www.angelfire.com/mi2/bayarea4x4club/. Last week was my first time at the mounds, but i wasn't driving. Im going down there again on Sunday with a few friends. I beat on an 89 S-10.

Craig

'89 S-10 P/U 4.3L 31" Yoko M/Ts
'99 S-10 2.2L 2WD 5 Speed Stepside Totally Stock /wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif

·
Registered
6,656 Posts

Yep, I'm a Michiganian too!/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif Gotta love being from the "state that looks like a hand with a thingy over it", as it was once described to me./wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif I'm from Middleville, a tiny town about 20 miles south of Grand Rapids on M-37. Currently I am in San Diego, CA with the Marines, but either the end of September or the first week of October I will be back in Michigan after I get out. Not certain exactly where I am going to end up, but I think it will be somewhere around Battle Creek and Kalamazoo because I want to go to Western Michigan's Aviation school./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

Sometime in the future we should all get together and go play somewhere. I've got a couple of non-computer gifted friends from home who go wheeling all the time.

Oh yeah, Jeff427 is from Michigan, Gladwin he told me./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

1992 Blazer Sport, 350, 4L60, Rancho 2" lift, 285/75R16 AT's, K&N, Flowmaster, MSD stuff/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
805 Posts

Hell, I'm only 6 or 7 hours from Grand Rapids, but if all the MichiganianGanders /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif are gonna get together sometime I might try to join you.

Sounds like fun.

1994 Z71 350, Xcab, Sportside, 285/75/16 BFG AT. Trailmaster 4" lift

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

I am from Bay City, well actually in the middle of Bay City, Saginaw, and Midland, right close to Delta college. I go up to Gladwin alot i have an 87 s10 xcab with tbar/add-a-leaf lift and 30" bfg at's. I beat the hell out of it and i still can't kill the dang thing. That little underpowered 2.8L v-6 just won't die.

·
Registered
233 Posts

i've got a idea, why don't us michigan folks throw AJM a welcome home wheelfest?????????
mid-october? gotta give him time to get use to the weather (yeh, right!) i can bring my s-10 for comic relief. hehehe the MICHIGAN ON-LINERS OFF-ROADERS.get it?
ok, quit throwin' stuff, that rock hurt!

when stock just won't do..............

·
Registered
6,656 Posts

Definately want to go wheeling with as many of you guys as I can. Probably have to wait later than mid October though. Gonna be busy getting a job, apartment, getting ready for the fiance, catching up with family and friends, etc etc etc.

jbs, man, I get cold when it hit's the 60's./wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif Been in SoCal to long./wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

1992 Blazer Sport, 350, 4L60, Rancho 2" lift, 285/75R16 AT's, K&N, Flowmaster, MSD stuff/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
233 Posts

man, it's gonna suck to be you this winter. remember snow? 60's? thats nice for here. hit mid 90's today though!
went to indy for the street machine nationals today. DAMN, i still got wood! sorry about the term, but couldn't think of anything else, hehehe.
i found a 4by finally! 82 blazer, typical michigan truck, rust everywhere, but still relitivly solid. price is right too, it's a buddys. (STEAL!)
till later.......

when stock just won't do..............

1 - 20 of 42 Posts