Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, looks like i am not gonna have my bike fixed any sooner now...i REALLY have to get a REAL job. I just found out that my valve guide had a hairline crack in it, and my cam chain is bad, and my cylinder might be oval'd, so that may have to be honed out.../wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif. I just wish i could get this thing up and running again. I am buying a two stroke next, you cannot tear into a four stroke and just replace the piston and rings for the top end, everything else in there seems like it goes bad...this really stinks.

Eatin Ain't Cheatin!

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
why XR200\'s are only a beginers bike....

... Josh... just sell the bike and get what ever you can out of it, Your going to be throwing good money after bad... Only to try to sell it when you get it running...Add up what it's going to cost to repair and then throw some figure in there for your time, then figure out what you are REALLY going to get for it.....

Also, if you really want a project, ask for a trade in your want add.....

You need a thneed
From Once-ler Industrys

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: why XR200\'s are only a beginers bike....

Hey Josh, I'm not sure if you've gotten any prices for your parts yet but this is what I've found.
Valves - $37.95ea.
Guides - $15.00ea.
Sleeve - $49.95
http://www.xrsonly.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

The parts are already on the way...chubby, valves were $23. And i don't need a new sleeve.

LISTEN TO YOUR VALVES.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I bet if you spent half the time workin as you do here or other places on the internt josh, you would have a brand new bike or 4 wheeler /wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

If it hurts, soak it in cider!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Im with ya on that, i am only usually on an hour a day though...that is only 5.25, hehe. You guys don't even know how hard i try to get one, always callin places that need help in the paper, and they have already got workers...

LISTEN TO YOUR VALVES.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.