Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 95 wrangler with the AX-5 who makes a good clutch that will last a long time, or better than stock, and does anyone know how long the factory clutch lasts with not beating on them alot?
thanks

(\/)ikey
1988 Wrangler Laredo 4.2L w/5spd Manual
1995 Wrangler 2.5L w/ 5spd Manual-dixie horn

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Factory Jeep clutches can last well over 100k miles if not abused. Most factory clutches are made by F&S, LUK, or Valeo. Most aftermarket new clutch kits are made by the same companies. The kits run in the $150 range on average at the local parts houses.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
People on this list seem to like the Luk clutches.
Centerforce is a good clutch but need High RPM to work it's best.

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
My friend runs a Luk in his mudzilla of a '76 Cherokee. I run a Centerforce II in mine. The Centerforce grips better the more you push the throttle down, and has a very light clutch pedal. For stock applications, Luk is THE way to go. Once you've got a bigger carb, camshaft, headers, and exhuast- THEN you may want to get a Centerforce II.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The reason the Centerforce has such a light pedal is it works centrifugally (spelling). There is absolutely no need for a clutch of that design unless you are mud bogging or desert racing. For most 4by applications it is a waste of money, the Centerforce is not cheap.

Brad
ORC Land Use Section Editor
Get involved or lose it all, the choice is yours!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.