Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has best 2.5\" springs for the money?

Who has the best riding/articulating 2.5" lift springs for the money? I don't think I need any OME or National springs, but I am looking for a softer alternative to my Explorer ProCrap springs. I don't care what anyone says, I could put 200 pounds of cement in the back seat and they would still be stiffer than the springs on my F-350 truck.

Thanks

1985 CJ7 4.2L, T-176, Dana 300, 2.5" lift, 32"BFG MT, Durabak On-Board Air

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Re: Who has best 2.5\" springs for the money?

Hehehe...another satisfied customer /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif
I'd look at Superlift and Big Dicks Suspension
I went Pro-Crap my first time around and will never make that mistake again...definite lesson in "Make up your friggin' mind for sure before you pick up the phone with your credit card in hand." I'd intended to buy a Superlift when I called 4WP Wholesalers and heard the ad for free shocks with the Pro-Crap kit while I was on hold and got suckered in. This time around I bought the Superlift and I'm very satisfied.

·
Registered
143 Posts

I put a set of rancho 2.5" springs and rs 9000 shocks on our 83 Cj-7, and it rides better than stock and articulates awesome. Several people who have rode in it commented on it. I put swaybar disconnects on it and it will stuff the front tire so far in the wheel well it begins to bend the front fender, so now I just leave them connected. This is with 32" BFG MT's, I'd bet 33"'s would rub, especially in the front. The weight of a warn 8000 has caused the front to sag a little after 2 1/2 years, but this could be corrected under warranty.
Greg

Greg
89 XJ, 83 CJ-7, 79 Blazer, 67 CJ-5

G

·

I would have to agree with Jeepskate. I did the same thing. Was planning to go with a superlift but found a deal on the Pro-comp. Big mistake - I'll never go that way again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.