Currie
Tomken
ARB
BDS
Hanson
Sun
All J Products
Rocky Road

Not interested in Nerf bars or poser products.

Thanks

·
Registered
13,432 Posts
Uhmmmm... what are you looking for? If they don't carry them... it must be very special or you're looking for something less expensive.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just like to check into all the options before I make a decision.
I don't impulse buy.
A key feature that I want is to tie into the frame.

·
Registered
13,432 Posts
If you tie to the frame to the tub, flex between the tub and frame can be compromised. That's not a good thing.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Everyone is right, tie to frame gives strength, tie to tub gives looks and features (side protection) however if you do both with a body mount hockey puck, you get it all. Though you will need to make it yourself.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Let me clarify:
By "tie into frame" I meant connecting to the body mount.
The Shrockworks and Poison Spyder ones bolt to the body but also are attachted at the body mount points.
The Bulletproof ones are only connected to the frame, not the body.
The Tomken ones that I had were only connected to the frame via the body mount bolts. The Bulletproof ones look similar to the Tomkens ones except they look sealed whereas the Tomken ones rusted from the inside out because mud and water sat in the tubes that connected the skid to the frame.

I would think that the Shrockwork/Poison Spyder ones would still allow the body to move slightly with respect to the frame. No?

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Bryan, seeing you're in MA, check out Detours skids.

Detours

Give Mark a call - they also do custom Fab, and can make anything you would want. You could drive down and get 'em - wouldn't even have to ship the stuff.

Good luck,
Pete

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Since I am not pimping my own stuff anymore, I recomend AtoZ or Posion Spider.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts