Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently, I have a 78 Bronco with a 460 in it that has a bad C6. I recently had another C6 built with the E4OD planetaries and built to CORE/SCORE specs. It currently is running 40's with 4.09/4.11 gears with LS front and rear with a NP205 case. Plans are to use a doubler with possibly having Wagoneer Engineering's 3:1 gear set in the 203 (if money permits) and 2.5 tons with 6.71:1's and 48" play tires with 10x20 super wide truck tires for daily drivers (if it ever sees the road again).

Currently, I have decided to either go with the B&M Tork Master OR the TCI Truck Master Saturday Night Special as the torque converter of choice. But, I have no idea which one would be better overall for my application. So, I am looking for some form of direction of which one to choose the proper torque converter. Let me know your opnions and thanks!

NOTE: I would LOVE to get the tractor pulling TCI, but who has $800 for the d*mned torque converter???

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
but who has $800 for the d*mned torque converter???
Believe me. "You will get what you pay" for with performance converters. Don't skimp unless you have to.
With that said, I don't think either of you choices is necessarily a bad one.
You should really take advantage of their "tech help".
There's usually a form to fill out with ALL your specs.
You then email it to them.
Both those companies responded to my input within a day.
They will make a recommendation oriented to your specs.
You'll need to fill in as much info as you can about your engine.
That's a really big determining factor.

Also, check Precision Industries out.
Another good torque converter company.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts