Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
slainte;I,ve just bought my first jeep wrangler(my dream come through)and i want to lift it two inch,s;put 31 inch tyre,s and improve the suspension.I will not be off roading;so i want a smooth ride thats as comfortable as possible.I am looking at skyjacker 2 inch spacer lift kit;M Thomson classic lock wheels with all season tyres;and monroe sensa-trac-shock absorbers.Am i on the right trac;any advice appreciated. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

·
Registered
11,504 Posts
Larry, welcome to the board! You're the first member I know of from Ireland!

[ QUOTE ]
I will not be off roading;so i want a smooth ride thats as comfortable as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're not going to use it off road, keep it stock. Anything you do will diminish the ride quality to some extent.

If you must have it lifted, stand by. Someone with more knowledge of the coil spring suspensions than I will chime in.

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
he spacer lift is the worst idea if your only concern is ride quality. The steeper the angle on the control arms, the rougher the ride will be.

·
Registered
991 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
The spacer lift is the worst idea if your only concern is ride quality. The steeper the angle on the control arms, the rougher the ride will be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't this apply to all lifts that don't change the control arm length (not just spacer lifts)?

For what it's worth, I lifted my TJ 3" (springs, not spacers) and have more than enough room for my 32" BF Goodrich ATs. And yes, the ride is noticeably stiffer than stock, but not objectionable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts