Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I am getting ready to purchase my one piece axles for my AMC20. I was wondering what everyone is running, and how they have held up, as well as how was the install (was shimming involved, etc...)

Thanks For Your Help

Kevin Speicher
New England 4x4 Club
http://146.189.121.83/
79 Jeep CJ-7

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have been running Mosers in my CJ7 since the early 90s. Have held up just fine, and best of all there was NO shimming involved. Installation was a cinch. Pulled the old ones out, slid the parts onto then new axles, had the bearings and sleeves pressed on, put them back in.

Brad (from the 4 Wheeling center of the universe, 4 corners USA)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the mosers and they have held up fine also. The problem that I had with installation was that my axle tubes rusted and corroded so bad that I needed the maachine out to the oringinal diameter to be able to put ANY axles back into it.

Tim Springer
1980 CJ7

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the Superior Axles. Very easy installation. I chose them because the splines are rolled and not cut like a lot of the other brands. Paid $289 from Drive Train Direct.

John......southern CA
84CJ7, 3"lift, 32"BFG, 4.10's, ARB Locker, Solid Axle's, Durabak

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.