Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i have desided to get a lift but now i just cant decidewhich one there are too many.
i will probly have some one do it for me :( unfortunantly i have no air tools no GOOD jacks and limited hand tools :( i dont realy want the explorer procomp coil conversion since i dont know much about it and i havent heard much about it. if some one could throw a little info about it to me i would like to see it. i dont want to go to high i have a 2inch body on now so that i couold clear 31's so i think a 2 1/2 should probly be ok maybe a 4.
this brings a second question should i drop the t-case wich defets the purpos of a lift or get a cv/SYE drive shaft and how much are they?

i plan on useing the jeep for some minor crawling and mainly trails (hunting/fishing) nothing to crazy yet i cant aford to replace axels every other trip ;)

thanks for any help you guys are allways great at answering my dumb questions :)

seeya
mike

'95 jeep yj stock as of now but soon to go SOA and new tires/wheels
you cant own a jeep and not "modify" it :)

G

·
95 yj- leaf springs right?
i would recommend taking off the body lift and installing a rubicon 4.5" susp lift and SYE/CV. this of course is only my opinion and that is what is cool about jeeps- you can do your own thing!/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif you could then clear 33's and have your transcase up high with no driveline vibes.
lift= $900 with shipping
SYE/CV= $525 from tom wood, free shipping
something to kick around

steve

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
I agree. I've heard great things about that 4.5" Extreme Duty RE kit.

/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gifEat, Sleep, JEEP/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif
"James and the Giant Jeep"
1993 Wrangler 4.0/5spd, Herculined Interior, D44s w/Detroits and 4.56s soon to go SOA

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks alot sas87yj
that sounds like a good idear

now any one else have any recomendations?
btt

oopps i forgot i wanted to ask one more thing :)
what about a 1" shacklelift (2" shackels) or is that too much with the body lift? and then go about 3" on a new spring pack? then i would have a total of about 6".
if i did that thow would i need to get drive shaft angles fixed by a new shaft?

and one more this is a simple one thow :)
does any one else have SYE/CV drive shafts other that tom woods that are quality?
thanks alot you guys so many questions and soo little time:)

'95 jeep yj stock as of now but soon to go SOA and new tires/wheels
you cant own a jeep and not "modify" it :)

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
If you're looking to stick with 31's or go to 32's (or some 33's), I'd recommend the 2.5" OME lift, awesome flex. Keep the 2" body lift, and add a 1" shackle (it'd be fine for 1"), so that would give you 5.5" total, or close and it'd flex well, but without the SYE.

If you're looking to run 33's with gobs of flex, what about the SOA you mentioned in your sig? That'd give the flex and be realtively inexpensive (yes, I know it has to be done right), but you would definitely need the SYE and shaft.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.