Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 1990 full sized bronco for my winter vehicle. I want to be able to perform the mataince on the bronco myself, so I'm looking to buy a nice jack and some stands. What capacity jack and what manufacturer should I get? I like craftsman, but I don't really have much brand loyalty.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I bought a Craftsman jack designed for trucks and SUVs. It only takes two pumps to get it up to the frame and then it works like every other floor jack except that it has a higher maximum lift. I've liked it so far.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Jack, any brand with around 3ton capacity or more would work fine. Usually this is only jacking up the side or the front, so you would be looking at maybe half the weight of the truck. The stands, any brand, 3Ton capacity each. I think I paid like $19.99 for these. Congrats on your new acquisition and good luck with the maintenance. This forum is always here if you need to ask questions.

By the way, you don't have a twin sister named Ashley.....
Isn't there a Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen, the Olsen Twins???? Something like that, my stepson used to like to watch their movies.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay I guess I'll be buying a 3 ton jack this weekend. thanks for the input guys.

TheJuice: I am a fan of Mary-Kate's. Sory not the real thing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts