Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who have done the 4.0L head swap to a 4.2L block, which Borla header did you use? There are two versions offered 91-92 and 93-95. Does anyone know what the diffferences are between them? I have a 91 head, but I didn't think there was any difference in design for the 91 and later heads

Dean

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The difference is in the headpipe and how it attaches to the cat converter (bolted or clamped). Either header will work on the CJ with a 4.0L head/engine swap. You will need to make your own headpipe as the exhaust on a CJ is on the drivers side, the YJ is on the passenger side. Whichever is the cheaper one is the one to get! Hope this helps, good luck.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, that clears up the mystery for me. I need the clamped one in order to hook it up to my existing exhaust. Do you know which one it is, the 91-92 version? They're both the same price so I'm going for the easiest one to install.

Dean

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Which Borla Header -This one!ead swap

Thanks, I guess I need to order the 93-95 unit to get the one with the pipe clamp.

Dean

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Both headers have a slip fit and a clamp to the head pipe, the difference is at the catalytic converter end of the headpipe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.