Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where\'s the vent hose on an AX15 tranny?

I'm trying to find out where the vent hose is on my transmission or if one evens exists. I've tried as best as I can and can't find nor even feel one when I reach on the top near the shifter. I was certain it had one, and I went through some deep puddles the other day that came up to my doors.
Does this mean trouble? What now?

-Dorian
88 YJ w/ multi-speed wipers

· Registered
4,060 Posts
Re: Where\'s the vent hose on an AX15 tranny?

Ahh, its refreshing to see someone ELSE here who enjoys water deep enough to make the vents a concern! Open your hood and (on my 4.2L Jeep YJ) look to the very back passenger-side of the engine's valve cover. There should be two rubber hoses sticking up with crappy one-way valves on them. These lead to your Transmission and Transfer-case. If you follow these back they will lead you right to the vents. If yours are missing it will be very difficult to locate and run a vent without dropping the tranny/x-case.... As for the axles the front axle vent runs up the drivers side near the radiator, and the rear axle runs into the driver's side rear corner-panel, it is hidden above the black plastic wheel-well part. I plan on running new lines through a drain-hole and up my roll-bar into a water-proof box. The length of the lines alone should allow some space for expansion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.