Registered
2,563 Posts
Re: Where\'s LEVE?

Next to the restroom?

·
Registered
3,833 Posts

In some sort of Sadistic Sureal Dali Exhibit?

·
Registered
1,905 Posts

Purple Jeep, surfboard... I'd say California.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts

Hmmmm........
Let's see.

Bungee Jumping?

Nah. You'd never do that.
-----------------------------------------------

Welcoming new visitors?

Probably not.

Helping a friend with a speach?

I just don't know.

Where are you hiding, Larry?

·
Official Curmudgeon
4,706 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
Purple Jeep, surfboard... I'd say California.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was gonna say gay bar but it's too light and it's LEVE so I'll go with ice cream shop having a root beer float.

Looks like an ice cream sandwich in the sign. Looks like free refills on the Cokes. Don't know what PUTS stands for. Too bad they didn't do a better paint job on the Jeep, I can't see anything in the reflections. Looks like a pop corn wagon behind the Jeep.

·
Registered
129 Posts

A distinctive place for a distinguished gentlemen, eh? If anyone's been there, they'll recognize it in a heartbeat. I have no clue, so let's see if we can "monk" this -

He's got four fingers of his right hand carefully placed on the top left corner of the windshield frame. This could be a sign that he's near the Four Corners region of the US, where CO, AZ, UT and NM all meet for a party out in the middle of nowhere. Or not...

He's got his left pants leg tucked in behind the tongue of his tennis shoe, and his right pants leg covering his tennis shoe. Leaning to the right, just a tad? Probably not CA, which is (was?) pretty left when I lived out there many moons ago. Possibly somewhere in the upper midwest - the bread basket of the country, right? Or not...

His left index finger is pointing to the eight o'clock position. This could be a reference to the magnetic deviation of his location; somewhere in the Rockies? The sand on the front tire of the Jeep could indicate the Great Sand Dune National Monument in Colorado. Or not...

The sign on the wall behind the Jeep looks like it has a hamburger on a plate, resting on top of a red barn? So the captors want us to believe they're holding him in a burger barn, against his will, on the 8th of July, just to the right of the fourth meridian. But Monk is far too clever to fall for such obvious and intentional misleadings.

The uneven lighting on the hood of the Jeep could be reflections from the main hallway of a big shopping mall. The store owners have longed for Jeeps their whole lives, but could only afford half of one because the burgers they're selling just can't cut the waves like the 3-fingered short board could. So they give away T-shirts and get customers to pose with their naked Jeep and charge $5 for the Polaroid.

Or not... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
13,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

I'm enjoying the activity in this thread! This is just hilarious.

• There is a restroom (which is why I found the Jeep)
  • It is NOT a movie Theater
  • It is NOT a Gay Bar
  • It is NOT a Bar
  • The Jeep is Purple
  • It is Indoors
  • There is NO motor (drat it all)
  • It is not a Museum
  • It is not a Cafeteria
  • It is not a Sadistic Surreal Dali Exhibit
  • It is NOT California
  • I am not bungee jumping
  • Sometimes people thing I'm out to lunch on the moon!
  • Bush is giving ME advice!
  • It is not an Ice Cream Shop, but mostly known for it's ice cream.
  • I was NOT having a root-beer float
  • There were free refill on cokes (mixed to taste, vanilla, cherry, Green-River, etc!)
  • No Popcorn Wagon
  • PUTS does stand for something... but I ain't telling

GreenTJ, do you stay up nights studying conspiracies? It's surprising that you're thoughts are narrowing down the OA. There are several of these places in the West... so you've got a few States from which to choose!

Now
  • Lock down the location
  • Lock down the place!
Let's see just how good you guys are!

·
Registered
3,833 Posts

I GOT IT! But I ain't sharing! the Purple CJ is a good hint! Good one LEVE

EDIT: Dang.. I thought for certain I had it, but LEVE denied me.

I thought It was Calamity Jane's Hamburger Join in Portland Oregon.

·
Registered
830 Posts

That looks like the Seattle space needle. Never been there, just seen it in pics. But why would there be a purple Jeep up there?

Maybe I'm waaay off.

·
Registered
13,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Brent is on the right track.

The place has had three owners over the last few years and three names...
  • the first started it's name with a C,
  • the second started it's name with a J.
When it was bought for the 3rd time they never even bothered to change anything on the inside. Everything is still the same, only the name changed.

However, it ain't in Oregon.

·
Registered
234 Posts

Well I had an idea that did not pan out. I took the file name and tried to call the, what looked like a phone number, to see what it went to. But, it was not a phone number.
Here is the picture file name. maybe it will give someone some ideas. 1533169-PUTS

·
Official Curmudgeon
4,706 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
Well I had an idea that did not pan out. I took the file name and tried to call the, what looked like a phone number, to see what it went to. But, it was not a phone number.
Here is the picture file name. maybe it will give someone some ideas. 1533169-PUTS

[/ QUOTE ]

That's where I got the PUTS, it's the file name LEVE gave it. The number in front of it is just a sequence number assigned when it was uploaded as an attachment to the board.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts

Snack Bar at a local miniature golf place? 'put(t)s' ??

Sometimes miniature golf places have weird stuff like Jeeps cut in half.

Just a guess, and taking the family miniature golfing sounds like a LEVE thing.
Pete

1 - 20 of 52 Posts