Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen many pictures with truck with a foam wrapper on their open element air cleaner. Who makes this product and where can i get one?? Do they help in preventing mud and water getting into the air filter?
Thanks to all who can help me.
Dan Stewart
1963 CJ5 "CAloosa Jeepers" member

G

·
hi Dan,
I know of two different kinds of pre-filters, one is Edelbrock(which is a foam one) that I have seen forsale in AutoZone Parts stores and the other is from K&N, they make two different types of pre-filters, one is a thin fabric type(the one that I run on mine) and a thick foam type. I had to order these from a performance shop here where I live.
The pre-filters work really good for stopping mud, dirt, sand and slows the flow of water into the filter itself. I would recommend using a high quality open element filter along with the pre-filter such as the ones offered by K&N.
Just my 2 cents.
Peanut

G

·
I'll second that, Peanut. I use K&N filters on my trucks. The mud truck has an open type with the foam pre-filter. It works great for mud racing. You oil it just like the inner filter. The inner filter is still almost as clean as it was new. I like it because it cleans up quicker than the inner one. You can get them at speed shops or order them from Jegs mail order 800-345-4545.

/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif
'78 K20 driver
'79 K10 mud racer
'48 CJ-2A trail Jeep

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.